How to Naturally Cleanse Your Kidneys
The kidneys are the organs that need to function properly for your body to be able to get rid of the toxins that pile up in your bloodstream.
When the kidneys don’t work well, your entire body can suffer the consequences and your health can significantly deteriorate. The most important factors for keeping your kidneys, and therefore your entire body, healthy are eating a balanced diet, drinking lots of water and introducing foods that are natural kidney cleansers into your daily diet.
Of course water is the most important liquid that you need to take in daily in good amounts so your urine would stay diluted and kidneys-healthy. Have in mind that you need more water than usually if the weather is hot or if you are exercising, because then your body loses a lot of water through perspiration.
As for foods that are natural kidney cleansers, here are some of the best ones:
- Watermelon is a delicious summer plant that is 91 percent water, and has diuretic properties which help your body produce more urine and expel the toxins out of your body more easily. You have probably noticed that soon after you’ve eaten some watermelon you need to go to the toilet.
- Lemon juice is great for many things regarding health, and their benefits apply for kidneys as well. Half a lemon squeezed into a glass of water a day can help reduce the risk of developing kidney stone, and if it is already forming, this juice will reduce its formation.
- Apples contain high vitamin levels, as well as antioxidants that help your body purify from any present toxins. These fruits also improve kidney as well as bowel function.
- Nettle is an herb that is commonly used for infections of the urinary tract. It has diuretic properties and helps cleanse the kidneys and flush bacteria out. You can make nettle diuretic tea by steeping them in hot water for up to 15 minutes.
- Parsley is good for treating infections of the urinary tract as well as kidney stones. You can take it in the form of tea or add it as a spice to some of your favorite salads or other meals.
- Red clover helps the body get rid of toxic waste and excess water from the kidneys. It functions as a strong diuretic and it is very beneficial for the health of kidneys.
But besides taking in herbs and plants to make your kidneys healthier, you should also consider if you have some bad unhealthy habits that are affecting your kidneys.
- For example, if you smoke, drink too much alcohol or caffeine, your kidneys may overload as they need to work extra hard to get rid of all the toxins.
- Also, if your blood pressure is high, it may lead to serious kidney problems, so try to keep your blood pressure steady. Salt increases your blood pressure and can affect the function of your kidneys, so try to lay off salt, or at least consume less of it.
- The same goes for blood sugar and cholesterol, try to keep them stabile.
- Finally, try to maintain optimal weight, as being overweight can also affect your kidneys, (though indirectly) by raising your blood pressure. Also, if you are overweight, it is possible that you are eating lots of junk food that release toxins into your bloodstream and make your kidneys work harder.
In simple words, to maintain good kidney function – eat healthy nutritious food, drink lots of water, try to give up smoking and drinking (or at least do it less), and introduce some of the foods healthy for your kidneys into your routine, and your kidneys will be squeaky clean.