Food & Diet
20 Succulent Summer Recipes Under 400 Calories
1. GARLIC PARMESAN PASTA CHICKEN AND ROASTED BELL PEPPERS
Calorie count: 352 per serving
The recipe is enough for 6 servings and it is 352 calories per serving. This recipe is basically a complete meal and is bound to keep your full with 25g of protein per serving. All you need for this scrumptious recipe are:
- 1 lb. organic chicken breast
- 8 ounces of uncooked whole-grain rotini pasta
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 each of red, yellow and orange bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided into two parts
- 4 tablespoons of chicken broth (add more if necessary)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat broiler to high. Cut bell peppers in half, lengthwise, and roast the peppers skin side up for 8-10 minutes. Skin the roasted peppers and slice. While cooking the peppers, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
In a separate container mix the following: 2 tbsp. olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, 4 tbsp. chicken broth and parmesan cheese.
In a pan, drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil and sauté carrots and zucchini. Should the veggies absorb all the olive oil and start to stick to the pan add some more chicken broth. In a separate skillet, cook the chicken over medium heat until it’s no longer pink. About 6-8 minutes on each side. Let the chicken rest and then slice.
Once the pasta is cooked, you should drain it and add it onto the skillet with the veggies, add in the olive oil-parmesan mixture and let it simmer for a while. Add chicken cubes, more parmesan cheese and your meal is ready to be served!